This semester, Purely Dicta have been working on a video series entitled ‘Faces Behind The Law’. In an attempt to give exposure to the voices that the black letter law does not, we decided to move beyond the traditional form of written articles and into video interviews. Our first series of videos centres on the topic of Native Title. We are very grateful to have interviewed a diverse group of people, who have all been affected by Native Title claims in some way. The video below serves as an introduction to this important series and we will be releasing more content over the coming weeks. We hope to spark respectful discussion and offer an insight into Native Title beyond the classroom.
A very warm thank you to our interviewees for sharing their thoughts:
– Dr Wayne Atkinson: Senior Fellow, Yorta Yorta Elder and Key Claimant
– Lidia Thorpe: Activist and Former Politician
– Tiriki Onus: Head of the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development
– Tony Kelly: CEO of First Nations Legal and Research Services
– Luke Hockey: Senior Native Title Lawyer
– Lauren Gower: Tutor in Indigenous Arts and Culture
Thank you also to Delinna Ding for all her effort to bring this project to life.